Sit back and relax, with your minds open as you’re gonna learn the most basic and important sub-topics in the field of programming, specifically used to program an Arduino.
First of all, you’ll have to make yourself familiar with the basic terminologies that will help you move forward in the field:
- Variable: It is a name that we assign to a particular value, though it has no fixed value and it can be changed again and again, from time to time. Variables are useful when we have to use a value at different places repeatedly. You’ll know more about them as you’ll learn to develop your own programs and embed them into your micro-controller.
- Data: Everything(or raw information, I call it) is data. In our case, most of the time, data is the value that we’ll assign to our variables.
- Data Type: As the name suggests, it is the type of data that we’re using. For example, you want to receive temperature from your LM-35 Temperature sensor, which you can consider a thermometer sensor for now as it senses temperature (I’ll explain more about it and teach you how to use it in further tutorials. So, to use the sensor, you’ll need a value from it and you know that it is a number since we’re taking temperature, so we require a number that is either an integer or a decimal, wiz. int and float. In the next tutorial, I’ll tell you more about their declaration and usage.
- Conditions: They are basically used when there’s a specific criteria and we have different options. For example, suppose that you have to activate the buzzer when a button is pressed or the user enters something, then you can use if condition.
- Loops: If you want to repeat something, then loops are the best option. The
void loop()is in fact, an infinite loop that keeps repeating theoretically forever.
So these were the terminologies that you need to know, to be a good Arduino Programmer. See you soon in the next tutorial, where I’ll teach you how to implement them and use them practically.
Feel free to drop any of your queries or questions in the comments or contact me through my social handles. I’ll answer all of them. Share this post on your social accounts to show your support.
Thank you for reading!
Neel Adwani (or neeltron) is your friendly neighborhood techie, a coder, traveler, stargazer and as you all know, a blogger. He has an endless range of interests in a commendable number of fields. He is an introvert, so don’t mess with him. He’s open to suggestions and criticism, though.